Dr Shane Preston BSc, MBBS, FRACP
Providing the highest quality Cardiology care with a focus on patient education, communication and shared decision making. Patients are given all the time required to understand their heart issues and encouraged to actively participate in all management aspects.
Interventional Cardiologist with a strong focus on the management of patients with acute and chronic issues relating to coronary artery disease (blocked heart arteries). Extensive experience and expertise in performing coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention (stent implantation). Additional focus on the prevention of heart disease and care for patients with other general Cardiological issues.
- Bachelor of Science (UQ)
- Bachelors of Medicine & Surgery (UQ)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (2011)
- Cardiology-Interventional Fellow, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney (2011)
- Senior Cardiology Interventional Fellow, University Hospital, London, Canada (2012)
- Senior Staff Specialist, Cairns Hospital (from 2013)
- Cairns Hospital Cardiology Symposium debate winner (2013-2018) - Highly commended presentation, SONS conference (2019)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians - Member of the Society of Neuromuscular Sciences
- Senior Staff Specialist, Cairns Hospital
- Visiting Staff Specialist, Cairns Private Hospital
- CSANZ New Zealand conference (Christchurch, NZ, 2018)
- Biosolve IV sub-investigator - Magmaris bioresorbable scaffold registry trial